The boys were understandably excited about this. It was their first time in any kind of aircraft. We spent about a week learning about planes, aerodynamics, weather conditions and the history of flight before the big day. When it was all over, they were given a Young Eagles Logbook with their first flight recorded by the pilot & free access to an online Pilot's Course. You can get all the details, including what to "Know Before You Go," from my Expedition Mom Young Eagles Adventure Guide.
Get started making this thrilling adventure into a great learning opportunity, There are lots of resources to explore in order to find just the right combination of resources and activities for any learning type.
I think the most comprehensive resource is the EAA's Aviation Activity Cookbook. It includes individual experiments, activities, curriculum and more all organized into school age groups. It's a huge supply of fun for the young aviators and scientists. It is not to be overlooked. Click here to view the Aviation Activity Cookbook.
I currently know that Young Eagles meets at the following locations local to Georgians:
Flightways in Columbus, Georgia.
EAA 976 in Carrolton, Georgia.
EAA 268 in Calhoun, GA.
You can also participate in "Paper Airplanes & Flight Conditions," using our printable Weather Conditions Log.
Check out these awesome resources I've compiled for your YOUNG EAGLES!
- Aviation: Young Eagles: Free Flights for kids, Website Games & Aviation Education
- Aviation: FAA Aviation & Space Education: Educator & Student Resources. Kids Corner, Design Challenge, Camps and more
- Aviation: EAA's Aviation Activity Cookbook: Huge resource of experiments, activities, curriculum and organized into age group
- Aviation: Civil Air Patrol: CAP is a volunteer, non-profit organization that also serves as the civilian auxiliary to the U.S. Air Force. Ages 12-18
- Aviation: Aviation Career Exploring: a hands-on program that exposes young people to flying. It offers aviation experiences, as a possible career or for the sheer pleasure of being around airplanes.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016