Do you have a budding artist or a young scientist? Either way, these 5 simple projects combine art and science for the best of both worlds.
1. Red Cabbage Tie-Dye. from BlogMeMom
This simple and fun project covers so many basics it's a must-do for any life-long learner or crafty DIY scientist. Taking tie-dye to a much more interesting level, using science to create your one-of-a-kind t-shirts.
2. Rainbow Roses from Pinappu
"It is a simple process but the results are magnificent. You can do this by using transportation system of vascular plants. The xylem tubes of the roses stem sucks water and send it to the top end, to the leaves and the petals of the flowers. If the stem of a rose is submerged in colored water, it will pump the colored water to the flower. From the petals the water is evaporated but the color particles remain there. In this way the colors will be stored in the petals. As the outer layer of the petals of a white rose is transparent it will show this particular color. Do you get the physics (and botany too) behind?"
3. Pendulum Painting from Martha Stewart
This spirograph-inspired project from TV crafter Jim "Figgy" Noonan combines science and art to create a one-of-a-kind design. The designs these neat contraptions create are the coolest.
There's a bit of planning involved with this one. But, if you have older kids who enjoy design, science or art - this couldn't be a better match for combining science and art.
4. Watercolors & Oil from BabbleDabbleDo
Use this quick & easy art project to demonstrate the reaction between oils & water. They just don't mix. There are a million different experiments for demonstrating this. But, I don't think I've ever seen one quite so wonderfully artsy.
Dioramas can be related to anything... books, history, science.. But, there's one thing they're always related to: ART! Use your passion for any topic to create a neat diorama like these:
- Please recheck your ID.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016