Just in time for Georgia's excellent spring weather, the Georgia Dept. of Natural Resources has launched a new interactive map! The Georgia Outdoor Map can be accessed, for free, using the web browser on your computer or mobile device! Georgia's Interactive Outdoor Map will help connect locals and tourists with the most comprehensive list of DNR-managed lands.
“We are proud to offer this new resource to Georgia’s citizens and visitors,” said Governor Nathan Deal. “We are blessed here in Georgia with a state that is rich in both natural and cultural resources. I want to encourage Georgians to use this interactive tool to find new places to explore.”
Using the sidebar, located on the left of the map website, you can sort through these DNR-managed lands according to outdoor activities you'd like to try! There has never been an easier way to find opportunities for camping, fishing, hiking, and recreation. The map also includes information about handicap accessibility, contact information, directions and more! Give a try and get outdoors!
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016