We visited Consolidated Gold Mines, in 2012, to learn a little more about this significant event in our local area & national history. Unfortunately, we didn't find enough gold to pay for our visit. But, we had a fun time trying.
Our visit included an informational & instructional video on gold mining & panning, expert assistance and a very interesting tour through one of the most profitable gold mines of the time, Consolidated Gold Mines. Watch our video and plan your visit.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016