The cool thing about trails is they are a very inexpensive way to get outdoors, have a good time and discover new things about yourself & the environment. National Trails Day events include hikes, biking and horseback rides, paddling trips, birdwatching, geocaching, gear demonstrations, stewardship projects and more. I encourage you to use the National Trails Day website to find an event, near you, celebrating our trail systems!
If you're in Metro Atlanta, you're in luck. My friend, over at 365 Atlanta Family, posted this fantastic list of 52 beginner trails around Atlanta. The cool thing is, they're all under 2 miles. So, they're enjoyable for just about anybody who wants to get outside for a little while and explore. Check out "52 Hikes around Atlanta (all under 2 miles)"
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016