Maker Camp is a cool virtual camp that supplies folks with ideas & instructions for cool daily projects as well as fun interviews & videos related to various topics. Here are week one's best picks for kids. See the full lineup for week one, here.
Day One: Make a Milk Jug Rocket Launcher - Link
This seems like a pretty simple project anyone can enjoy & to top it off there was a live stream from behind-the-scene at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
Day Two: Rola Bola Balance Board - Link
Not only will this be fun to make, but it will be a blast to play & strengthen balance with. I've seen these before, decorated with bright-colored duct tape designs.
Day Three: Build a Heron's Fountain with a water bottle - Link
This is very cool. It's a project that doesn't use electricity, but seems like it might. Heron (Hero) of Alexandria was a mathematician and an inventor. He is well known for his steam engine, the Aeolipile, and many other inventions that use pneumatics.
Day Four: Make Your Bike Glow with EL Wire - Link
For about $20, you can purchase an EL Wire Starter Pack with 10 ft of glowing wire that you can use to make your bike (and other items) glow in the dark!
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016