We recently packed 4 bikes on a car rack designed only to fit 3 of them, pitched a tent with two broken poles, saved a phone dropped in the Atlantic Ocean, and had a son overcome his fear of heights to join in several family activities - all on the same trip to St Augustine, FL.
These difficulties are a drop in the bucket of representing the learning process. We're faced with a problem and devise a solution. We make attempts to apply the solution to a real-life scenario. If it doesn't work, it's back to the drawing board with new found knowledge from that experiment. We have all these pieces in front of us and click them together, like a puzzle, often forced to tear them apart and rebuild time and again.
Learning is this constant process of gathering puzzle pieces, fitting them together, pulling them apart and starting over until we have the big picture.... and, even then, when we discover a better piece - we'll pull out the old one and replace it. It's an ever-changing picture that never looks the same from one moment to the next.
So, do you want to learn? Be prepared to welcome the challenges and obstacles that pop up along the way -- That's where the magic happens.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016