Bake & Cook: Make a soup, Bake Bread, Make pumpkin pie from scratch!
Riding: Learn to ride your bike, a horse, or even a motorcycle.
Identify Signs of Wildlife: Animal tracks, tree rubbings, scat
Winterize your home and car and learn how animals prepare (growing thick coats, migrating or hibernating)
What crops are in season for fall?
Make a scarf or hat using knit, crochet or sewing techniques
Camp out! Learn to pitch a tent, use a lantern, and other camping gear.
Learn how to build a fire when you have no lighter or matches.
Plant fall crops
Store some food for winter and learn how animals prepare for winter food shortage. (Storing, fattening up, or leaving the area)
How to construct a suitable shelter in the wild
What is the Equinox? When does it occur? What does it mean for humans?
Everything you need to know about Autumnal Equinox
How does less sunlight affect the plants, animals and humans?
Botany and Plant Growth Experiments
How does lack of sunlight affect humans?
Why do the leaves of some trees change color? Why do some stay green? Identify some trees by leaves.
The Geminid Meteor Shower is in December: What is a meteor? Why does this happen every year?
Sprout an acorn and plant it.
Native American Heritage Month
Origins of Halloween
What is Day of the Dead?
Origins of Thanksgiving Day
For more fall learning and fun follow my pinterest board!
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016