Hike This Mountain Near Atlanta...
The trail system at Sawnee makes hiking easy for families by offering several intersecting trails to lengthen or shorten a hike. We hiked the 3.5 mile Indian Seats trail with our friends from 365 Atlanta Family. The trail was wide, clearly marked and relatively easy to hike. Upon reaching the Indian Seats and Observation Deck, it's easy to recognize why this space was held in high regard by local Cherokee Indians.
Make a day trip out of your fall hike by packing a picnic for the playground and checking out the visitor center before leaving. For the more adventurous hikers, Sawnee Mtn Preserve also issues permits to rock climbers to make use of a designated area near the Indian Seats.
Read about last week's Fantastic Fall Hikes, Pine Mountain Trail in Cartersville.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016