Homemade Crockpot Apple Cider
Throw 12 apples, a couple cinnamon sticks, some spices
in a crockpot to make this recipe from My Heart Beets.
Apple Cider also comes as a dry mix, for those who want to heat
water with your backpacking stove.
White Hot Chocolate Peppermint
This is the drink I want waiting for me when I come home from
a cold winter day hike. This super simple & quick recipe might just
encourage me to carry the thermos along.
Spiced Ginger Lemon Tea
My oldest is a huge fan of lemon and tea. So, despite not having the sweet goodness
of chocolate or the crisp flavor of apples - I know he'll appreciate
the unique tastes of this recipe from Brooklyn Supper.
25 Decadent ways to make Hot chocolate
Finally, I'm including this comprehensive guide to enjoying
hot chocolate from Elizabeth Stark.
Enjoy the warm ups on and after your winter hikes!
Don't forget to subscribe to the Trail Mix Digest so you don't miss a thing for your outdoor family.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016