Parks. They come in all shapes and sizes from the neighborhood playground to hundreds of acres of pristine natural heritage. They focus on different aspects from historic preservation, to conservation and family fun. They offer a range of activities like swimming, hiking, swinging, and sliding. They allow us to revisit our favorite past times: camping, baseball and simple picnics. They bring families together and connect people to the great outdoors.
This post promotes National Park Trust's "Kids to Parks," campaign. Keep reading to find out how you can enter to win a Nikon Coolpix digital camera by pledging to take children to parks on Kids to Parks Day.
Local parks offer endless fun
Parks play a vital role in our family life. I have run to the parks for everything. When I need a place for the kids to burn off that boundless energy, I run to the park. When I need a quiet place to take a walk or want to meet up with friends, parks are my first thought. When I plan a road trip, I turn to the parks for camping and exploring new terrain.
National Parks make great family vacations & State Parks reveal hidden gems
From the smallest local playgrounds to the biggest national treasures, I've found that parks are the most versatile destinations to include in daily life and vacation adventures. I'll find what I need at a park, whether that be a pitstop to stretch our legs or a place we can set up camp and explore for a whole week! Parks often reveal the hidden gems of our travels by connecting us with communities, nature, and history. Best of all, they're inexpensive and they're everywhere.
Make parks part of your family life by discovering one, with your kids, on Kids To Parks Day. Pledge to celebrate Kids To Parks Day with a trip to the park on May 16, 2015 and you could win a Nikon COOLPIX L830 camera! Visit KidsToParks.org to enter and find some fun activities for the special day at the park.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016