- 3 Things: Simple Activities to do while Hiking with Kids #1
- 3 simple activities for an awesome hike with kids #2
Sounds or Silence?
Sometimes, we mistake the gentler sounds of nature for silence. We're pretty accustomed to a constant barrage of sound from tv, traffic, crowds, and other sources. Close your eyes, be quiet and listen for one minute. How many different sounds do you hear? Is the forest as quiet as it seemed?
Patterns in Paradise
There are patterns all around us in nature. See if you notice any natural patterns. Try the veins of leaves, branches of trees, flower petals, or pinecones. You can even listen for patterns in the songs of birds, as well as other animal calls and insect sounds.
All the colors of the wind
This is perfect for a fall hike when leaves are blazing with color. Can you spot every color of the rainbow on your hike? Remember ROY G. BIV to help recall the colors Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016