The past several years have been incredibly challenging. In 2011, my husband died. By the end of 2015, I may have finally wandered so far into the realms of darkness, emptiness, and questioning that I managed to overburden myself and lose my balance in life.
I'm no stranger to darkness, emptiness, and deep questioning of everything. In fact, they've always been my friends. But, I've never before experienced such difficulty reconnecting and recharging with the present energy (for lack of a better term).
While I've savored and loathed my four and a half years living on the edge of a black hole, it's time for a change... a year of revival.
- an improvement in the condition or strength of something.
an instance of something becoming popular, active, or important again.
I've decided to forgo the traditional calendar for my annual trek around the sun, replacing the quick pace of 12 months with 5 season-linked time periods that offer some inspiration for me. I look forward to sharing travels, adventures, and reflections of my revival year.
- Window of Opportunity (January 1 - March 23). Life's ups and downs provide windows of opportunity to determine your values and goals. Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want. - Marsha Sinetar
- Days of Discovery (March 24 - May 29). Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different. -Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
- Season of Adventure (June 1 - August 29). Adventure is not outside man; it is within. - George Eliot
- Harvest Moons (September 1 - November 25). The true harvest of my daily life is somewhat as intangible and indescribable as the tints of morning or evening. It is a little star dust caught, a segment of the
rainbow which I have clutched. - Henry David Thoreau
- Time to Remember (December 1 - 5). There is no birth, there is no death; there is no coming, there is no going; there is no same, there is no different; there is no permanent self, there is no annihilation." - Thich Nhat Hanh, No Death No Fear
- Hibernation (Through year end). “the comfort of reclusion, the poetry of hibernation” - Marcel Proust,
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016