Paddle Me To The Blue Moon - AH Stephens State Park
Saturday, May 21 - 8:30-11:00 PM
Paddle Lake Buncombe for sunset & moonrise while searching the night sky for planets, shooting stars, and constellations from a canoe. This event is recommended for children 6+ who are accompanied by an adult. Canoe & PFD are included. Click to learn more.
Archery for Beginners - Elijah Clark State Park
Saturday, May 21 - 10-11:30 AM
An experienced GSP Ranger walks beginners through the excitement of learning to aim and shoot a bow in a safe setting. Click to learn more.
FD Roosevelt's Kids to Parks Day - FD Roosevelt State Park
Saturday, May 21 - 10AM - 4PM
Dress to get wet and search a stream for salamanders and crawdads. Bring a picnic lunch and learn about turtles afterward. Also, bring your phone camera to join in the park's Eye Spy 20 Camera Scavenger Hunt for a chance to win! Click to learn more.
Youth Fishing Days - Buck Shoals (Smithgall Woods)
Saturday, May 21 - All day
Children are invited to bring fishing gear and bait to a lake stocked with catfish, bass, and bream. Fish caught can be kept up to the limit!
For more amazing Kids to Parks Day fun, check out the list of events at Georgia State Parks and choose your own adventure! The Kids to Parks Day website also lists events in local area parks across the nation.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016