Our Alpine Helen adventure in the north Georgia mountains centered around the great outdoors, including a stay in a unique barrel-shaped cottage. Nestled among the trees, the cozy lakeside cabin featured two bedrooms with plush beds, full kitchen and bath, as well as a covered porch that gave us a treehouse view. As far as I know, I'm offering an inside tour of the only barrel cabins in the United States.
The barrel cabins kept us close to the great outdoors with their rustic charm, cozy quarters, and big windows while also providing breaks from the heat and excitement of our adventures in the park.
Learn more about the unique lodging at Unicoi State Park and book your experience on the official website.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016