I'm not a food blogger, or even a good cook. Heck, I wish I could just live off of clif bars and never worry about making another food choice again. But, I do like pranks.. so I fed my teenage sons eggplant parmesan for dinner, tonight. When I asked him how it tasted, my youngest said, "it's somewhere in the middle between i like it and i hate it." Perfect! A balanced meal.
It's a pretty basic recipe.. half of which I got from my mother-in-law, and half remembered from a past life when I was a decent cook.
Peeled, sliced eggplant - I don't like mine too thick, maybe half inch thick.
A beaten egg in a quarter cup of water
A bowl of bread crumbs & parmesan cheese
Salt & Garlic - powder or the real thing, I don't care
And Shredded Italian Cheese
If you preheat your oven, go ahead and put it 450.
Spread out the sliced eggplant on a paper towel, or something.. whatever you use in your home. Salt both sides of the slices and cover. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, unless your going for disgusting - in that case, skip the salting step. Rinse and dry the slices. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and your garlic in one bowl and the beaten egg water in another. Wet the eggplant in the egg water then coat it in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the slices in a single layer on the sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for 10 more minutes. Top the slices with spag sauce and sprinkle with cheese, return to oven til cheese melts. Serve with something else you like to eat. The boys picked green beans. Super easy... tastes OK.
More from my site
- Sweetwater Creek, A river of rocks - October 19, 2016
- In Cook Den: Butterfly Garden with Boys - August 4, 2016
- In Cook Den: Let the sunshine in… - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Eggplant Parmesan - August 3, 2016
- In Cook Den: Advanced Training for Environmental Educators - August 2, 2016
- Chattanooga Day Trips: The Adventure Begins - August 1, 2016
- Tour the Barrel Cabins of Unicoi State Park & Adventure Lodge - May 31, 2016
- Great Georgia State Parks Adventures for Kids to Parks Day - May 19, 2016
- Sweetwater in Springtime - April 18, 2016
- What if I am making the best of it…? - April 15, 2016